Today, both small and large businesses are dealing with the major dilemma for picking between blog vs podcast. Since people are becoming more tech-savvy and inspired to utilize different tech sources for information gathering. Making a choice between these channels is critical.
Whether you are a small online retail store owner or a full-fledged IT company, increasing your audience outreach would be your major concern. And! Surely, you must be wondering which channel is best to increase your audience outreach.
While trends among marketers are changing rapidly, it has become critical for businesses to decide on a channel that can provide you with great advantages whether it’s a blog or podcast. Though, the question is which platform can help you accomplish the desired results?
To find out the answers, let’s glean in-depth insight into Blog vs Podcast.
A Comprehensive Look Into Blog vs Podcast
Blogging is the most prevalent and admired digital marketing practice that is coveted for increasing your user outreach. Here are some staggering statistics to look at:
- As per DemandMetric, 59% of marketers believe business blogging is valuable.
- As per HubSpot, Clever blogging has offered companies 13X more ROI compared to companies that didn’t practice it critically.
- Per the WordPress report, around 70 million new blog posts get published every month on WordPress itself.
This all is an indication that blogging yields huge business outreach and benefits in terms of both traffic and sales. Though, it is possible that this can lose its charm as people are more interested in searching video content and skipping reading blogs.
However, a huge audience is still perceiving a great number of information through blogs. Blogging isn’t not going to die and will continue to be an evergreen practice in digital marketing, due to its prominence in both search engine optimization and targeting audience.
Moreover, the competition in this space is huge and it is not easy to build a bespoke blog for the expected outcome. To yield great results from your blogging efforts, you need to write a few posts that turn out an overnight sensation.
Here are some benefits you can yield from blogging:
1. Blogs improves the outcome of search engine optimization (SEO): Blogs plays a huge role in earning backlinks and increasing keywords authority, it all improves the yield of search engine optimization in term of ranking and website conversion.
2. Blogs Brings leads: Every month blogging draws 67% more leads to the company by directing quality traffic to your landing page.
3. Blogging doesn’t require huge investment: For startups or full-fledged businesses, blogging is easy to use technique and requires a small investment.
But! It is critical to practice clever blogging to acquire the most sought after blogging.
How To Do Effective Blogging To Draw Quality Traffic & Leads?
- Outline your target audience, their pain & interest.
- Make a comprehensive keyword and topic research and information your audience is looking for over the internet.
- Write informative and unique blogs that provide the ultimate answer to your audience’s problems.
- Promote your blogs and share on social media to gain significant traction.
- Track your blog performance and update periodically.
Blogging is evergreen and couldn’t be replaced by any other practice. Though, the impression can vary depending on blog information and the audience’s interests.
In short, blogging is always the most effective tactic for businesses to get desirable traffic and leads. To use blogging strategically to get new leads, you must get help from a lead generation agency.
Podcasts are gaining huge traction as young age people are more inclined to audio broadcasting. Here are some statistics that show how significant podcast is in current time:
- Per Edison Research, 37% of Americans ages 12 and older have listened to a podcast monthly.
- Young Americans are more interested in listening to podcasts and 49% of people between the age of 12 to 34 have listened to a podcast in the past month.
- Per Nielsen, Majorly people listen to podcasts when they are away from home or at work.
Clearly, young people are exploring other options to gain knowledge and insights. If you are having your target niche based in America especially people of young age then you must leverage this tool.
Here are some benefits you can yield by infusing podcasts as a marketing channel for your business.
1. Podcast listeners are increasing rapidly
Not just in America, but in other countries. The podcast listeners are increasing rapidly and this counting has increased by 20 million in the period of 2018-19.
2. Podcasts enable you to reach younger audiences.
As the podcast is both an informative and entertainment platform, it is tremendously popular and appreciated among Millennials and Gen Z. If you want to reach people of young age, you need to keep pace with changing trends.
3. Podcasts are personable and work as a connection channel.
Podcasts are recorded and broadcast in the human voice and the show can have one to more hosts. You can put your company experts on air and ask them to share insights on current topics. Also engaging the audience with some little humor is also good to gain success in the podcast.
From the above, it is clear that having a podcast is critical to reaching out to the new generation of people and expanding business. If you are wondering how you can set up a Podcast for your business and run it successfully, then here is a complete guide for your aid.
- Choose a podcast platform on which you want to run your show e.g. Spotify, Bluehost, Buzzsprout, etc.
- Pick the niche of your podcast and the topic on which your shows will profuse knowledge & entertainment.
- Decide who will be hosting the show.
- Outline your TG and do in-depth research into their interests.
- Pick the name for your podcast and outline first 3 to 5 topics to make shows.
- Equipment to have before recording your podcast show: Microphone, Audio interface (for analog microphone), Editing software, headphone.
- Choose the theme music, cover design, and buy a domain name (optional).
- Record at least 4-5 podcast episodes in a row. You can record either a solo podcast or have multiple people on the show remotely through skype.
- Edit your podcast episodes and declutter unnecessary information, manage sound, and volume.
- Make at least 3 episodes live very first time and promote your podcast over every social media channel enthusiastically to grow audience outreach.
- Be consistent and provide valuable information.
- Monitor performance and reinvent.
From above you would have understood that running a successful podcast isn’t an easy deal, but it can enable you to gain tremendous attention among both the target audience and people outside your niche.
In the rapidly transforming marketing field, the use of podcasts can help you increase your brand awareness and thrive as a popular brand.
Both podcast and blog have their own benefits, small businesses can use both platforms to reach a target group and get more customers and leads. Though, for small B2B businesses using Blog is the most effective tactic and doesn’t require a huge investment.
If you are struggling to decide what can be better for your business, seeking an expert’s advice is the best way to recognize opportunities. To know more about these aspects, reach out to a digital marketing agency that can help you leverage modern tactics for growth.